Advocacy is “public support for or recommendation of a particular cause or policy.”
CKCA is your national association
CKCA is a national association and the voice of the kitchen cabinet industry.
Fact: We are stronger as an industry
- The kitchen cabinet industry generates an estimated $1.5 billion in annual sales and employs more than 25,000 Canadians in an estimated 4,000 SMEs (small to medium sized enterprises) with the largest of companies employing more than 1,500 employees and the smallest to just 1 employee.
- Kitchen cabinet manufacturers are proud to be part of Canada’s economy driving 52% of the GDP in the business sector!
- Approximately 70% of companies employ less than 50 employees.
- This industry has flourished over the past 50 years as a result of migrant workers from Europe bringing their skills to Canada and starting businesses here using European methods.
- Frameless cabinets method used to this day is still a technique that sets us apart from our counterparts in the US.
- We know Canada’s economy is built on the success of SMEs.
- CKCA’s values align with a desire to see sustainable growth in our industry sector.
- There are many success stories to tell, Canada has a solid reputation world-wide for its woodworking skills.
- With improved programs and regulations around sustainable forestry, the future is looking good for the Canadian kitchen cabinet industry.
- Like all industries, we are not without our challenges!
- Canadian entrepreneurs must deal with a plethora of processes on a daily basis all part of running a small business with work coming through the doors, maintaining a stable workforce and the ability to advance and modernize as technology and artificial intelligence become mainstream.
- Keeping up is a costly and necessary step to staying in business.
- Continual training and finding the right skilled labour for work that is changing rapidly is a top priority.
CKCA was founded to bring the industry together.
- CKCA exists to tear down the silos of individual companies to help them learn, connect and prosper in business as the industry has progressed.
- Back in 1968 the organization worked to repeal federal taxes (see history here) and were successful!
- Today there are still many issues facing our industry.
- Now more than ever skilled labour shortages threaten the industry.
- The association has successfully through the years provided the vehicle through which manufacturers, suppliers, dealers and associates (all vested parties in the industry) could connect for common reasons with shared goals.
- We must speak up, find solutions, get support to deliver those solutions.
Be part of the conversation – together we will make a difference!
- Join CKCA and sign up for the CKCA Ambassador Program.
- Give us your feedback – visit our Facebook page and join group discussions.
CKCA is building your advocacy tools:
- Our position on the skilled labour shortage in Canada. Click here.
- CKCA analysis of Federal Government Budget 2019. Click here.
- Find your Member of Parliament here.
Results of the Installer Survey and employment situation
Coming soon (will be available to members in September 2019).