Cedar Ridge Designs Inc.
Cedar Ridge Designs Inc., a company specializing in custom millwork and cabinetry for residential, retail, corporate, and restaurant projects, has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Architectural Casework and Millwork Engineer, who is responsible for designing customized millwork projects for production. We have a proven track record providing Custom Millwork throughout Eastern Ontario for many years, and continue to grow. This is a permanent, full-time position. Applicants must have 3 – 5 years experience. Salary is commensurate with experience. Cedar Ridge Designs Inc. also provides a benefit package.
Please submit your resume via email to email@example.com or fax to 613-527-1600. You can also drop it off in person at 18331 Kenyon Concession Road #8, Maxville, Ontario. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our company, please visit: www.cedarridgedesigns.ca
Education and Qualifications:
- Trade diploma or equivalent
- Software experience valued: AutoCAD certification, Cabinet Vision, RouterCim
- Applicants with cabinet making experience will be preferred.
- High level of residential and commercial construction blueprint reading skills preferred
- Advanced computer and applications knowledge
- Proficient product design skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills working in a team environment.
- Excellent technical analytical and reasoning skills.
- Fluently speak, read, and write English.
- Must be an eager and energetic individual.
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant design experience.
- Experience operating CNC machines / CAD files to operate CNC Machines would be an asset.
- Experience and working knowledge of millwork processes.
- Self-Motivated, dedicated and highly-disciplined team player.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Prepare drawings for the production team to manufacture customized product.
- Prepare drawings for the purchasing team to procure material.
- Analyze and interpret construction blueprints and specifications.
- Develop plans and models for production while ensuring optimal use of materials, construction methodology, manufacturing and installation.
- Develop work orders of engineered cabinet and millwork components.
- Create detailed shop drawings, diagrams, and instructions to complete work order.
- Create job specific production machinery computer code files that can be used by operators for each work order.
- Communicate with all relevant departments to make sure all materials ordered relate to the project.
- Partner with production department to determine best practice for completion of a project.
- Ensure quality and timely completion of project assignments while meeting cost targets.
- Provide production support and troubleshoot any issues on the production floor.
- Manage projects with ambiguous customer data.
- Examine drawings for conformity and errors