HanStone Canada is looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for leading edge design as a Quartz Colourist (Designer). The position will be based out of our Vaughan Showroom. The Designer will be responsible for market trend analysis and recommendations for new product design involving colour as well as patterns. The Designer will be proactive and innovative in their approach and work closely with the Research & Development Team from conception design to finished product.
- Drive and manage new product development for the Company’s HanStone Quartz product line.
- Lead and collaborate with the Research & Development and Sales Teams to brainstorm and sketch initial product concepts with a creative spark, generate ideas and leads for product development.
- Working in conjunction with the marketing team
- Create new product design concepts in a lab environment to mimic a live production run.
- Provide expertise in market and consumer trends for colours and design, providing recommendations.
- Analyze competitor’s concepts, sales on new products and consider it to evaluate market trend and new development.
- Work closely with the Leadership & Sales Teams to understand the business requirements and objectives of meeting consumer specifications and needs.
- Project management, production reporting and liaising with process engineers and suppliers to discuss and negotiate appropriate product materials, production processes and consumer issues.
- Knowledge and ability to comprehend how textures, technology, colour, lighting and other factors combine and interact in designing product
- Ability to access and analyze overall design requirements and documents for accurate specification requirements
- Develop and host design seminars for partners and distributors to conduct product evaluation
- Conduct new product planning and market research, including studying the potential need for new products
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Interior Design, Kitchen & Bath Design, Home Design
- Prefer 2 years’ experience preferable in the Surfaces Manufacturing Industry or Consumer Products Industry.
- Exposure to Quartz and/or Solid Surfaces products is a plus.
- Excellent presentation, communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic
- Must be willing to travel when required. Regular visits to our manufacturing facility in London, ON
- Prefer intermediate to advance experience with AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop Designing
- Proficient in Word/Excel/Power Point, Publisher, Visio, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Has a demonstrated skill in working successfully as a team member with a diverse work force.
- Self motivated & entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work within budget and meet deadlines.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Industrial Design or Fine Arts
- Industry Certification a plus
If you are a motivated, organized and a creative individual who is looking for a new opportunity, HanStone is the place for you!
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request
Created by the fusion of exceptional design, superior quartz quality and cutting-edge technology, HanStone weaves together intriguing patterns and colours inspired by the diverse Canadian landscape. The new go-to choice of designers, architects and homeowners from coast to coast; HanStone Quartz is the next generation of stone surfaces.