CKCA teams up with the Canadian Federation of Independent Business!
The Canadian Kitchen Cabinet Association is proud to announce a new partnership with the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB).
By working together, we are able to provide all eligible* CKCA members with combined access to the business assistance, savings programs and independent business advocacy provided by CKCA and CFIB. To hear a pre-recorded webinar on CFIB benefits, click here.
This partnership adds strength to the voice of the independent business owner in Canada and brings many more business advantages for CKCA members.
Benefits for CKCA members include:
- One convenient member fee that gives members access to two organizations focused on the sustainability of independent business in Canada.
- Employee savings programs and medical benefits programs
- Proactive lobbying at all three levels of government
- Significant business savings on payment processing, accounting software, insurance, payrollprocessing, courier shipping and more!
- Online business training courses and webinars for both employers and employees
- Access to CFIB Business Counsellors and advice in every province
CKCA President, Mike Slobodian says:
“The strategic partnership between the CKCA and CFIB allows us to bring increased value to our membership by adding CFIB’s entire list of tools, resources, programs and advocacy to the CKCA’s member services. The CFIB also offers help and support in many areas of business development that our members can leverage for future growth. Combining memberships under the CKCA banner and eliminating the CFIB dues for CKCA members just makes sense.”
CKCA, established in 1968, is a national trade association representing the kitchen cabinet industry in Canada. CKCA works to promote the interests and conserve the rights of manufacturers of kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities and related millwork, as well as suppliers and dealers throughout Canada.
CFIB, established in 1971, is now the largest independent business advocacy organization in Canada and works hard on behalf of their 110,000 members to improve the entrepreneurial environment across the country.
Examples of CFIB successes at the federal level include:
- Helping all independent business owners plan for their retirement by fighting for and achieving the $800,000 small business capital gains exemption
- Ensuring business owners keep more of their retained earnings by achieving lower small business corporate tax rates
- Establishing the Code of Conduct for the credit and debit card industry, which gives you leverage when dealing with your payment processor
We are very excited about this new relationship with CFIB!
Questions? This FAQ document might help.
If you have any additional questions about this new partnership, please contact Sandra Wood, CKCA Executive Director at 613-493-5858 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
If you’d like more information about CFIB, please call our main contact at CFIB, Richard DeMarco, at 1-888-234-2232 or go to www.cfib.ca.
*eligible CKCA member – any CKCA member that is an independently owned Canadian business is eligible for CFIB membership