DUE TO THE QUICKLY CHANGING IMPACT OF THIS HEALTH EPIDEMIC WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO KEEP CURRENT INFORMATION POSTED HERE.
Please note: CKCA members also have access to a wealth of resources from CFIB (Canadian Federation of Independent Business) as part of your CKCA membership (for those eligible). CFIB has been in the news and recognized by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as they are progressively worked with Government to ensure small business receives the support it needs, including the recent 75% wage subsidy. Our partnership with CFIB ensures CKCA members have access to all their resources. Click here.
Information on COVID-19 and conversations to share and support you – we’re scanning news across Canada and bringing highlights to you to save you time.
- May 27 E-blast here – Manufacturing trends, Covid 19 business tools, business opportunities and more
- May 14 E-blast here – Canada opens oh so slowly, On-line strategy, Plexiglass and more
- May 1 2020 E-blast here – Operation plan template, Supply Chain, Hiring back staff and more
- April 24 2020 E-blast here – CKCA releases new survey results
- April 22 E-blast here
- April 16 E-blast here
- April 9 E-blast here
- April 7 E-blast here
- April 2 E-blast here
RE-opening business in Canada
Have an Operational Plan. Click here
Notice to Visitors (reminders to customers at doors). Click here
Want the latest on what’s happening in your province? Click here and select province.
- What’s your new normal look like? Survey results – April 23 2020 – Click here.
- Who’s open, who’s closed – CKCA Survey results – March 27 2020 – Click here.
RE-TOOL/PIVOT YOUR SHOP – CAN YOUR SHOP PRODUCE PRODUCT FOR FRONT LINES?
- Can you provide supplies or have innovative solutions for front line healthcare workers? Please keep the following in mind.
- Medical protective equipment must meet Canadian Standards.
- It is very IMPORTANT you first seek approvals of your design and manufacturing process BEFORE you start advertising and producing your product in quantity.
- We need equipment on the front lines in health care, that is the priority.
- Health care workers need access to trusted sources of product that has been vetted through appropriate Canadian channels.
- In addition, supply chains are strained and plastics used for protective gear will be in high demand. Please DO NOT stockpile face shield type plastics unless you have been approved as a seller of your product to the healthcare community.
What channels can you submit your offer to manufacture PPE?
- Here’s what we’ve found so far:
An initiative created by the Federal Government in 2018 to bring together Canadian business to collaborate with other innovation partners. Now the Feds are leveraging the Advanced Manufacturing Supercluster and directing funding to mobilize companies that can rapidly respond to COVID-19 pandemic by building a Canadian supply of essential equipment, products and therapeutics.
Government of Ontario – Click here
National Research Council
Has a central registry for businesses who can potentially produce needed supplies.
- RBC Housing Forecasts – March 31 2020 – Click here.
- CFIB offers this handy chart by province on funding programs. Click here.
- Government of Canada maps out aid to small business here.
- Workplace safety for COVID – checklist here.
- venting exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace – a guide for employers. Click here.
- Mental Health – Choosing sources of information carefully is critical to COVID-19 mental well-being. Click here.
- Mental Health – COVID-19 resources in response to Covid-19. Click here.
- Mental Health for you and your employees – Public Service and Procurement Canada offers these tips, feel free to share with your employees. Click here.
Examples to help you from other kitchen cabinet manufacturers
- Letter to Landlord when applying for CECRA here.
- CFIB Templates can be found here
- Triangle Kitchen – Sample here
- Paradise Kitchens keeps it simple for their customers – Sample here
- Avondale Kitchens operational ground rules – Click here
Conference Board of Canada – is a Canadian not-for-profit think tank dedicated to researching and analyzing economic trends, as well as organizational performance and public policy issues
- Releases Global Supply Chain report Apr 30 – Click here
BDC – Business Development Bank of Canada – Excellent advice to keep your business going
- March 25 2020 Webinar – Economic Impact and Coping Strategy for Small Business – click here
- Read CKCA’s summary of webinar here.
INSURANCE – WHERE DO YOU STAND?
- WOODsure shares these articles: *Privacy Considerations *COVID Insurance Scams *Business Coverage Considerations
- WOODsure, CKCA member partner provides an update from the insurance industry. Click here.
CYBERSECURITY – ARE YOU PREPARED?
As if you didn’t have enough to be concerned about, given our world has gone more on-line now than ever, you now need to also consider this.
- Get your information from valid sources and watch for hacks that include the following:
- Fake clones of the Johns Hopkins virus tracker.
- Fake company emails to the millions now working from home to sign documents on line to attend webinars.
- Anything suspicious, don’t open it.
- Make sure when Google searching you are landing on valid sites
- When in doubt don’t open it and get a second opinion if you can from an IT contact
SOURCES – USEFUL AND VALID LINKS TO MONITOR
- Government of Canada – www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- Health Canada – www.canada/en/health-canada.html
- Business Development Bank of Canada – www.bdc.ca/coronavirus
- World Health Organization – situation map https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd
- Conference Board of Canada –www.conferenceboard.ca/insights/covid-19
- Canadian Medical Association – www.cma.ca/cma-update-coronavirus
- Mental Health Commission of Canada – www.mentalhealthcommission.ca
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business – www.cfib-fcei.ca/small-business-resources-dealing-covid-19
- Canada Mortgage and Housing – (COVID-19 Mortgage payment deferrals)
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce – www.chamber.ca/resources/pandemic-preparedness/